The Asian Pacific Community Fund (APCF) conducts Workplace Giving Campaigns to offer employees the convenience of making charitable contributions through payroll deductions.
APCF staff and volunteers speak with over 12,000 people every year to raise awareness on the needs of Asian and Pacific Islander (API) communities and provide information on the wide range of services and programs offered by our Affiliate Agencies. Through these campaigns, employees who wish to support API communities in need can select APCF to donate regular payroll deductions or one-time gifts. Our donors can be assured that your donations will go directly to fund agencies serving the diverse needs of API clients in the greater Los Angeles area.
Benefits of donating through an employer’s workplace giving program:
- Donations are tax-deductible and no receipts are needed to claim tax deduction for donations less than $250 per paycheck. (Paystub and pledge card copies are needed for contributions of $250 or more per paycheck.)
- Easy and convenient to “give what you can” at your convenience – every pay period, a portion of your check in any amount that you decide is automatically deducted and sent to your charity of choice. Over time, your gifts add up to a larger contribution to the community every year!
- Transparent and trustworthy – APCF and our Affiliate Agencies have been pre-screened according to each campaign’s criteria, meeting strict standards of management and responsibility.
- Increase your gift for free! Many companies match employee contributions, up to doubling an employee’s gift. Through your employer’s matching program, your donation has an even greater impact.
- Employees can work together for a common cause, which can increase workplace morale and foster teambuilding – giving campaigns have been known to improve work and life balance for employees, with opportunities for positive employee involvement with the community.
As the only API-based fund in Southern California, your gift helps us continue this very important and necessary work of building stronger communities.
A workplace campaign is an excellent way to demonstrate your company’s commitment to the community, and can be a great team-building exercise for employees and management alike. Ask about your employer’s charitable giving program with your human resources or giving department, or start one in your place of work today!
Below are companies and agencies that offer workplace giving programs contributing to APCF:
APCF is committed to expanding and strengthening our workplace giving campaigns. One of our goals is to open new campaigns in locally-based businesses, particularly those owned by APIs. By expanding our access, we hope to not only to increase donations, but also to introduce and educate more people, especially APIs, about philanthropy and its role in a civil society. We welcome your assistance with introducing and implementing workplace giving programs to additional businesses.
For more information or to create a workplace giving program, please contact Christine Lee at (213) 624-6400 ext. 4 or email email@example.com.