As APCF transitions from its current affiliate agency structure, we are developing a new relationship structure with Asian and Pacific Islander (API) organizations that goes beyond a traditional grantmaker-grantee relationship. This network is intended to strengthen organizations that serve local API communities and is open to all eligible organizations.
1. Free or discounted admission to workshops, trainings, and other professional development opportunities with priority registration
2. Technical assistance and coaching on non-profit governance, financial management, leadership development, etc.
3. Grant-seeking partnerships to leverage funding
4. Introduction to potential donors, representatives of philanthropic institutions, key decision-makers, and community leaders
5. Notification of funding opportunities
6. Participation in collective funding advocacy
7. Marketing opportunities to be highlighted on APCF’s website (including events on APCF’s Community Calendar) and publications
8. Network to disseminate information, such as upcoming events, collaborations, job postings, etc.
9. Assistance with recruitment and placement of volunteers
Network Agency Criteria
- Commitment to serving the API community, including a significant portion of population served that identify as API
- Agency staff have linguistic and cultural competency and expertise to deliver services to underserved populations in the API community
- Geographic focus in Southern California, including office(s) and program beneficiaries located in one or more of the following counties – Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Ventura
- Tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or fiscally sponsored by such
- Annual operating budget of at least $25,000 for three past consecutive years
- Meets all federal, state, and local registration and reporting requirements for not-for-profit organizations
Network Agency Requirements
- Annual application with Network Membership Fee
- Deadline for 2017 Membership is Friday, March 3rd
________– $100 – Budgets Over $1M
________– $50 – Budgets $1M and Under
Network Agency Form
Be sure to review the SAMPLE APPLICATION for required information BEFORE beginning the online application as you will not be able to save your information and return to it at a later time. It must be completed in one sitting.