Special Events Internship
Incorporated in 1990, the Asian Pacific Community Fund (APCF) is the only community-based fund of its kind, generating vital resources and funding through Workplace Giving Programs as well as other channels to support the rapidly growing Asian and Pacific Islander (API) communities. APCF and its network of non-profit organizations provide linguistically and culturally appropriate health and human services to 250,000 residents throughout Los Angeles County and beyond. Programs and services are provided in 27 Asian and Pacific Islander languages, in addition to English and Spanish.
APCF’s mission is to cultivate philanthropists to invest in community organizations that empower underserved APIs to prosper. We transform lives and meet the diverse needs of APIs by building healthier communities, developing leaders, creating a stronger voice, and providing the foundation for a brighter tomorrow.
APCF is looking for a highly motivated Special Events Intern who is passionate about the API community.
Position: Special Events Intern
Length of Commitment:
16-20 hours per week with additional hours required around the event date
$1,000 paid at the completion of the internship
This PAID internship position provides hands-on experience working in special events and coordination for an Asian American non-profit organization. This is an excellent opportunity for those wishing to develop skills in non-profit fundraising, which is highly sought after in the industry.
Oversee Silent Auction for fundraising event, including donor research, solicitation, tracking, managing auction website, creation of auction displays, bid sheets, auction catalog, etc.
Assist with the following:
- Event design & production
- Secure guests, track attendees and process payments
- Event website and online marketing and processes
- Program development
- Coordination the day of the fundraising event
- Follow up after the event
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree or active enrollment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with strong interest in the fundraising arena
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Attention to detail is a must
- Intermediate/advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and internet research
- Functional knowledge in creating websites and graphic programs a plus
- Basic photography skills a plus
- Minimum of 18 years of age, successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the US
Must be fluent in English and have excellent writing skills.
Ability to speak, read, and write Chinese, Japanese, and/or Korean a plus but not necessary.
To APPLY, please email COVER LETTER, RESUME, and THREE (3) REFERENCES to HR@apcf.org with subject header “SPECIAL EVENTS INTERN.” Submissions without all three components will not be reviewed.