The National Asian American Community (NAAC) Foundation Project is a new initiative being incubated within the Asian Pacific Community Fund (APCF). Led by Sylvia Kim, APCF’s new Chief Innovation Officer, and an Advisory Board, the NAAC Foundation Project is a sustainable solution to the fragmentation of Asian American philanthropic efforts both regionally and nationally.
Although Asian Americans and Native Hawaiians & Pacific Islanders (AANHPIs) are the fastest growing population in the nation and are making substantive contributions to this country, they also face diverse challenges. Our communities are underserved, often given a proportionately smaller share of charitable funds, and our philanthropic efforts, both regionally and nationally, are fragmented. As a groundbreaking philanthropic initiative to unify AANHPI donors across the nation, the National Asian American Community Foundation (NAAC Foundation) can play a strategic role in enlarging and leveraging our philanthropic resources, such as coordinating funds, networks, and knowledge, in order to create innovative collaborations and make sustainable investments to improve our communities and positively impact American society as a whole.
The NAAC Foundation Vision
An inclusive and unified community of Asian American, Native Hawaiian & Pacific Islander (AANHPI) philanthropists who empower communities across the country by harnessing the power of collective philanthropy.
The NAAC Foundation Mission
The mission of the NAAC Foundation is to cultivate and inspire philanthropy that creates innovative collaborations and sustainable investments to amplify our assets, strategically respond to our needs, encourage civic participation, and strengthen AANHPI communities across the country.
The NAAC Foundation Core Values
- Embracing Diversity, Inclusion & Equity: We embrace the incredible strengths and diversity of AANHPI communities and acknowledge the need to be inclusive of the wide range of voices within our communities.
- A Culture of Integrity & Collaboration: We operate on a shared principle of utmost integrity and strive to build trust and collaborative bridges between individuals, leaders, and organizations to strategically expand our capacity and strengthen our communities.
- A Commitment to Innovation: We recognize the need to stay attuned to transformations within society as we pursue our mission and we consider innovative solutions as an integral component of our work.
- Investing in Our Future: We believe that investing in our communities will benefit the future of all Americans.
The NAAC Foundation Executive Committee
- Jack Toan, Chairman (Vice President, Wells Fargo, Former Chair of the OC Funders Roundtable now known as the OC Grantmakers)
- Dr. Kenneth Kim (Founder, Ark Clinical Research LLC)
- Vivian Long (Vice President of Philanthropy, the Long Family Foundation)
- Ruchi Warrier (Social Impact Strategist)
The NAAC Foundation Advisory Board
- Carol Choi (Founder, United Exchange Corp, UCI Foundation Board & Trustee)
- Nithin Jilla (Executive Director, Dreams for Schools)
- Johanna Kim (Managing Partner, Kerymen LLC)
- Joanna Kong (Director of Programs, The Sun Family Foundation)
- Susan Lew (Officer, Hsu Hwa Chao Foundation)
- Ginger Sun
- Dr. Linda Vo (Professor & Former Chair of the Department of Asian American Studies at UCI)
The Inaugural Aspire Awards Gala
The Inaugural ASPIRE Awards Gala is a celebration of excellence in Asian American representation and philanthropy. The gala is being presented by the National Asian American Community Foundation – a ground-breaking national initiative to unify Asian American philanthropists and increase their collective impact. To find out more, please visit: https://www.naacfawards.org/.