JOB ANNOUNCEMENT – MARKETING MANAGER
Incorporated in 1990, the Asian Pacific Community Fund (APCF) is the only community-based fund of its kind in Southern California, generating vital resources and funding through various channels to support the rapidly growing Asian and Pacific Islander (API) communities. APCF and its network of 30+ API agencies provide linguistically and culturally appropriate health and human services to 250,000 residents throughout Los Angeles County and beyond. Programs and services are provided in 27 Asian and Pacific Islander languages plus English and Spanish.
The Asian Pacific Community Fund’s mission is to cultivate philanthropists to invest in community organizations that empower underserved Asian and Pacific Islanders to prosper. We transform lives and meet the diverse needs of Asian and Pacific Islanders by 1) building healthier communities, 2) developing leaders, 3) creating a stronger voice and 4) providing the foundation for a brighter tomorrow.
APCF is looking for a tech-savvy marketing and communications professional who is passionate about the Asian and Pacific Islander community.
Job Title: Marketing Manager
Focus Areas: Marketing, Communications, Event Coordination, Project Management
Salary: Commensurate with experience. This is a full-time exempt position.
Location: 1145 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 105, Los Angeles, CA 90017
Post Date: Monday, October 16, 2017
The Marketing Manager’s primary responsibility is to oversee the organization’s marketing and communications. This position will be responsible for planning and implementing overall communications efforts to advance the organization through community relations, special events, cause marketing initiatives, and print, electronic, and social media. The Marketing Manager will also assist with event production and oversee the scholarship programs. This position reports to the Executive Director.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
Marketing & Communications
- Work with the Executive Director on an overall marketing strategy that increases the public visibility of the organization and elevates awareness. Produce relevant and engaging communications that result in measurable action.
- Ensure consistent communication of image, brand and position externally and internally.
- Write press releases, medial alerts and public service announcements. Create and distribute press kits and coordinate press conferences as appropriate.
- Create, design, enhance, and/or produce all digital and printed marketing and promotional materials, including videos, PSAs, web content, annual reports, e-newsletters, brochures, fliers, etc.
- Increase APCF’s presence on social networking websites maximizing APCF’s internet exposure. Ensure APCF information is accurate and up-to-date on all third party websites.
- Assist with coordination and production of the annual gala and other events, some of which include the following:
- Research event locations and coordinate site visits.
- Create and prepare various forms of solicitation or invitation to the events.
- Secure guests, track attendees, and process payments.
- Secure and coordinate with sponsors, awardees, vendors, etc. as needed to ensure a smooth event.
- Overall day of event coordination.
- Assist with post-event follow-up.
- Update and maintain event website and online marketing and processes.
- Overall program coordination and management.
- Recruit and train scholarship interns as necessary.
- Maintain contact database to include contacts that are most current with eligibility requirements.
- Incorporate social media pathway leading to both ease of access to and exposure of scholarship application.
- Ensure functional online application process that meets program requirements.
- Ensure accurate review, scoring, evaluation and selection of applications.
- Expand scholarship program via additional funding/more scholarships.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience with WordPress Content Management System or HTML
- Self-starter with strong project management, organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize and coordinate project with maturity, initiative, and timeliness, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with optimal results
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong problem solving, research and analytical skills
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated, creative, and detail oriented
- Intermediate/advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and internet research
- Proficiency or ability to quickly become proficient in creating websites and graphic programs
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid California Driver’s license, access to the use of a reliable automobile on a daily basis, and automobile insurance, regular local travel required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (occasional nights and weekends may be required)
- Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the US
- 2-5 years of relevant experience with demonstrated success
- Experience with Adobe Design Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.)
- IT skills, including familiarity with office network, internet, computer, printer, and phone systems
- Understanding and familiarity of the Asian and Pacific Islander community in Los Angeles County
- Ability to speak, read, and write Chinese, Japanese, and/or Korean a plus
To APPLY, please email COVER LETTER, SALARY REQUIREMENTS OR SALARY HISTORY, AND RÉSUMÉ to HR@apcf.org with subject header “MARKETING MANAGER.”