2018 APCF Operating Grant Application
As the only community-based fund in Southern California focused on the Asian & Pacific Islander (API) community, the Asian Pacific Community Fund (APCF) is committed to sustaining and growing the API nonprofit sector. With the launch of our new operating grant program, APCF will invest funds along with capacity building resources in supporting organizations that serve API community members in need of the most assistance, with the potential for greatest impact. Given the challenges faced by nonprofits in providing culturally appropriate services in-language to the incredibly diverse API community in the greater Los Angeles area, APCF will be awarding grants of $5,000 – $15,000 to support the ongoing work and operations of these organizations.
- Organizational budgets of over $75,000 and under $1 million
- Located in Los Angeles County
- Minimum 40% of clients are Asian and Pacific Islanders
- Employ a minimum of one full-time staff
GRANT AWARD TIMEFRAME
- Grantees will be notified late March 2018
- 50% of the grant will be awarded in April 2018
- The rest will be awarded upon fulfillment of the additional requirement
- One member of the organization’s board must “complete” the Board Leadership Program (BLP) for the organization to receive the remaining 50% of the grant award. The BLP begins on Saturday, April 14 and ends in September. Information on the BLP, including session dates, is available at aapamentoring.com/blp.
- The organization/board member will be required to submit the discounted registration fee of $250 to the Asian American Professional Association for the program fee. The board member must attend the first session on April 14 as a pre-requisite to completing the program.
DEADLINE: Friday, March 16, 2018 at 5:00pm
DOCUMENTS FOR DOWNLOAD
Application must be completed ONLINE. Please review the sample application so you know what information will be required of you. You CANNOT SAVE the information and must complete the online application in one session, so please have all your information prepared prior to beginning your online application.
Please click the APPLY button to complete the application.