2016 Asian Pacific Community Giving Circle Grant
Through the Asian Pacific Community Giving Circle (APCGC), the Asian Pacific Community Fund (APCF) is offering a new grant opportunity to organizations serving the underserved Asian and Pacific Islander communities throughout Greater Los Angeles County. APCGC is a member of the Asian Americans & Pacific Islanders in Philanthropy (AAPIP) National Giving Circle Network.
Asian and Pacific Islander (API) Language Access: One (1) $5,000 Grant Available
For projects or services related to translation or interpretation in an API language. Examples include but are not limited to the following:
- Written translation of agency materials, such as website, brochures, fliers, applications, program materials, etc.
- Written translation of government applications/forms not available in an API language (e.g., Affordable Care Act, Section 8 Housing, SSDI/SSI, SNAP).
- In-person interpretation services by agency staff on behalf of limited English proficient clients for the purpose of accessing basic services.
- Translation provided by staff to limited English proficient clients to assist in understanding materials written in English (e.g., government notices, letters from utility companies, medical bills, etc.)
- Service Area: Greater Los Angeles County
- Population: Undeserved Asians and/or Pacific Islanders
- Organization: Must be a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization or have a fiscal sponsor/agent as such
DEADLINE: Friday, December 9, 2016 at 5:00pm
Documents for Download:
Please click the APPLY button to complete the application.